As you all know, Beeswax Wraps have a variety of uses that make them a key weapon in the fight against the use of plastic. One such use we want to highlight is their use as an eco-friendly alternative to plastic lids. Using Beeswax Wraps as eco lids is a great way of cutting back on the use of plastic and cling film.
How to use Beeswax Wraps as eco lids:
- Choose a beeswax wrap that is larger than the container you are looking to cover.
- Take the beeswax wrap and the container holding the perishable food you’re looking to preserve.
- Lay the food wrap over your container, checking it covers every edge of the container
- Carefully fold and mould the wrap around the edges of the container. Use the warmth of your hands to work the wrap around every edge to create a tight sealing bind.
- Your container should now be completely sealed but still breathable.
Unlike plastic eco lids or cling film, your food won’t sweat and create mould in a beeswax wrap, it will breathe and stay fresh!